Saturday, September 26, 2009

Welcome Back, Rock!


Hi there, Rock here! You can also call me Butters, which has been my name for the past 3 years. If you’ve been following Hug-a-Bunny from the beginning, you may recognize me from a while back. I started out as a Hug-a-Bunny named Rock back in 2006 after I was found on the streets. I ended up at a local shelter in August of 2006 where I was very unhappy being kept in a cage. Finally, I was pulled out by Hug-a-Bunny and was living in a bigger area with tons of room. After a little while, I was adopted out to a really nice guy, who named me Butters, and I lived with him in the Bronx for 3 great years. I was only Hug-a-Bunny’s 8th adoption, now 174 Hug-a-Bunnies have found homes!


Unfortunately, due to a new job, my person had to give me up. In Hug-a-Bunny’s adoption contract, it states that all adopted rabbits must be returned to the rescue if they can no longer be kept. This gave me a safe place to come where I knew I would be taken care of and loved. My foster mom (who is the original person that rescued me) says I look exactly how she remembered me 3 long years ago! Even though it was sad to leave my home, I'm happy to be in a place where people were excited to see me!



Some things for me have changed recently, but others haven’t. I am still a medium to large-sized male lop rabbit. I was neutered way back in 2006, and I'm very healthy. I'm about 3 1/2 years old now, so I have tons of time left! I'm also still a very independent guy and I love to explore. I have a crate where my litterbox is kept, but the door has never been closed. I absolutely loved being a free-roam bunny and enjoyed every minute of it in my home. My favorite place to hang out was under the bed and I was often found snoozing around the apartment! Other times, I would race through my home doing "Bunny 500's!" Occasionally, my person would let me run around his securely fenced yard (not recommended by Hug-a-Bunny for safety reasons) and I enjoyed being near the green grass. Overall, I led a laid back life over the past 3 years.


All of these changes have thrown me for a loop. It's going to take me a while to adjust to living in a foster home again, and I'm hopeful that my permanent, loving home will come along soon. I'm looking for a place where I can be myself and where I don't have too many pressures put on me. While I'm a very sweet guy, I'm not the cuddly type and really dislike being held (like most rabbits). However, I don't mind be petted, on my terms of course, and will keep you laughing for hours with my spunky personality! I'm even on the search for a foster home where I can have more room to stretch my legs! Consider opening up your home and heart to me! I promise to "rock" your world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rabbits and Easter DO NOT MIX!!!