Monday, November 9, 2009

Ask Button #3



Dear Button,

I'm so confused! I keep hearing people talk about "binkies!" What the heck is a "binky?" Sorry if this is a silly question, but I just had to ask it!

Love,

Seriously Confused Bunny Hugger

Warwick, NY



Dear Seriously Confused Bunny Hugger,

Not to worry! No question is silly and I'm happy to take the time to answer you!

A "binky" is a rabbit happy jump. You may see your companion rabbit jump in the air out of nowhere. Sometimes the jump includes a little body shake and many rabbits can pick up serious air time when they binky. Some rabbits binky straight up in the air, while others binky across a room!

A lot of people see binkies all the time, but never knew there was a word for it! Just to let you know, when rabbits binky, we are truly happy. It's a type of celebration and can mean that we're excited or happy! Whatever it means, just know that it's the happiest type of jump you can encounter!

I called up some of my friends (who happen to be adoptable Hug-a-Bunnies) to get them to have a photo contest using pictures of them binkying. It took some time to get their foster parents to take the pictures, but here's what we came up with! I picked my favorite 3 pictures...here they are!


Second Runner Up: Angelina with her dive bomb binky


First Runner Up: Sunflower with an Across-the-Room Binky- Look at the air she got!


And Finally... The Winner!


The Winner: Sunflower (this chick loves to binky) with the sideways Towards-the-Camera Binky!

Just to let you know, we sent Sunflower an extra leaf of escarole for winning this contest!

I hope this answers your question and entertained you! I kept trying to get a picture of myself binkying, but all of them made me look fat. I'll keep trying and I'll get back to you! Please feel free to write back with any questions you might have.

Love,
Button

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rabbits and Easter DO NOT MIX!!!